Criminal Record Checking
In Scotland, the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) membership scheme is managed and delivered by Disclosure Scotland. It helps make sure people whose behaviour makes them unsuitable to work with children and/or protected adults can’t do ‘regulated work’ with these groups.
All Event Directors and Run Directors of junior parkrun events in Scotland must have a PVG check. If a cleared Run Director is not available the event must be cancelled. The process for applying for a new PVG check is as follows:
- Applicant contacts their Ambassador, who completes the Online Application Request Form.
- Ambassador will verify your ID, and confirm this information on the same form.
- Ambassador will then forward this form to Liz Corbett (Lead Ambassador for parkrun Scotland).
- Liz will submit your application to Disclosure Scotland, and confirm to you when she has done this.
- At this stage, you will get an email from Disclosure Scotland, asking you to complete your application online. YOU WILL ONLY HAVE SEVEN DAYS TO COMPLETE THIS AND RETURN IT. If you miss the seven-day deadline, you will have to start the process again.
- Fill in your online application within seven days.
- Disclosure Scotland will then process your PVG Application.
- You will be sent a paper copy of your certificate, please keep this in a safe place.
- Clare Fowler, parkrun Safeguarding Lead, will be sent a paper copy of your certificate; she will verify it, confirm with Liz that you are cleared to carry out the role of RD at junior parkrun, record the details we need and then shred it.