Working With Children Check
Applicants complete an online application.
To complete an application you will need the following:
- Information about your full legal name and any names you may have, including previous names, maiden name, names you have legally changed, aliases and informal names (like nicknames)
- your current address and 10 years' of address history
- If you are verifying your identity online (100-point check), you will need an Australian driver's licence or permit, plus one of these:
- Australian birth certificate or extract
- Australian citizenship certificate
- Australian passport
If you are unable to provide these documents, there are additional options available to achieve the 100-point identity check offline. More details are available here: https://screening.sa.gov.au/about-checks/proof-of-identity
Individuals will be notified of the outcome of the check by email. The Screening Unit completes most applications within three weeks.
parkrun will confirm that a volunteer has a valid check via the SA Government ‘Screenings and Background Checks’ portal. We require the following details from the volunteer to carry out this check:
- Applicant’s full name (exactly as they provided to the Screening Unit)
- Date of Birth
- Applicant’s Screening Reference Number - SRN (If the SRN has been misplaced - an applicant can find it here)
The check is valid for 5 years and is continuously monitored by the Government of South Australia Department of Human Services. If information means an individual's clearance status is changed or revoked, the individual and the organisation will be notified in writing.